The 2019 Yellowwood Poetry Prize
Yalobusha Review is excited to announce the 2019 Yellowwood Poetry Prize. This year’s judge is Robyn Schiff.
The winner of the Yellowwood Poetry Prize will receive $500 and publication in YR:29. The contest is open March 1st through March 31st.
- Please submit up to 3 poems, totaling no more than 5 pages, through Submittable. We accept only previously unpublished work. All entries will be considered for general publication.
- Only one submission per contestant. Simultaneous submissions are permitted. Please notify us immediately if a piece is selected for publication elsewhere.
- Please do not include your name anywhere on the manuscript.
- Contest entries must be received by March 31, 2019.
- The contest fee is $3.
- General submissions will be closed during the contest period.
YR cannot consider work from anyone affiliated with the University of Mississippi or the prize judge, Robyn Schiff.
Robyn Schiff is the author of three poetry collections, the most recent of which, A Woman of Property, was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize, and named a best book of the year by The New Yorker and the Chicago Tribune, and was an Editors’ Choice at the New York Times. In 2016 Schiff was made an honorary member of Phi Beta Kappa at Harvard. She co-edits Canarium Books and teaches poetry at the University of Iowa. Her next book, Information Desk: An Epic, is forthcoming in 2021.